Residential Garden Design with Vectorworks Landmark
This tutorial, written by Tamsin Slatter, the leading Vectorworks Landmark expert in the U.K., covers the workflow for residential garden designers using Vectorworks Landmark software.
The tutorial and accompanying DVD covers the typical work stages of the residential landscape designer. You will start with setting up your environment and then move through the various stages of the design process in order to create a garden plan that can be presented in both 2D and 3D. The book is designed to build a foundation of essential knowledge to help you understand the way Vectorworks software is intended to work within your design discipline.
The exercise-based training covers:
- Setting up your “Drawing Board” to make starting new projects easy and efficient
- Adding colors and patterns to objects
- Drawing up your own or importing a survey
- Creating a layout plan using simple drafting techniques
- Working with hard landscaping
- Using text and dimension tools to add notes to your plans
- Placing and customizing plants and producing a planting schedule
- Adding 3D elements to the garden
- Adding lighting to the garden
- Applying basic rendering techniques
- Creating 3D views, sections, and construction drawings
- Preparing drawings for printing/sharing
This sixth edition of the manual is based on Vectorworks 2014 Landmark with Renderworks software and includes exercise files in the Vectorworks 2014 format only. This book builds on the basic skills covered in the two free guides that cover the basics of drawing in both 2D and 3D: Getting Started with Vectorworks Fundamentals and Getting Started with Vectorworks Landmark 2014. It is recommended that you use these guides first. With step-by-step instructions and full-color illustrations throughout, Residential Garden Design is the ideal reference to keep on hand following your initial Vectorworks Landmark training.