Residential Garden Design with Vectorworks Landmark
This tutorial, written by Tamsin Slatter, the leading Vectorworks Landmark expert in the U.K., covers the workflow for residential garden designers using Vectorworks Landmark software.
The tutorial and accompanying DVD covers the typical work stages of the residential landscape designer. You will start with setting up your environment and then move through the various stages of the design process in order to create a garden plan that can be presented in both 2D and 3D. The book is designed to build a foundation of essential knowledge to help you understand the way Vectorworks software is intended to work within your design discipline.
The exercise-based training covers:
- Setting up your “Drawing Board” to make starting new projects easy and efficient
- Adding colors and patterns to objects
- Drawing up your own or importing a survey
- Creating a layout plan using simple drafting techniques
- Working with hard landscaping
- Using text and dimension tools to add notes to your plans
- Placing and customizing plants and producing a planting schedule
- Adding 3D elements to the garden
- Adding lighting to the garden
- Applying basic rendering techniques, while also learning to produce a "white card" style concept render
- Creating 3D views, sections, and construction drawings
- Preparing drawings for printing/sharing
- Learning to use the Stair and Deform tools
This seventh edition of the manual is based on Vectorworks 2015 Landmark with Renderworks software and includes exercise files in the Vectorworks 2015 format only. This manual builds on the Vectorworks Essentials manual, which is designed to show you basic concepts of Vectorworks, such as drawing, modeling, and basic file organization. With step-by-step instructions and full-color illustrations throughout, Residential Garden Design is the ideal reference for Vectorworks Landmark training.